Hotpoint Aquarius SDW60- fast dry40/delicate 50 flashing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hotpoint Aquarius SDW60- fast dry40/delicate 50 flashing?
The fast dry 40 and delicate 50 lights are flashing and the dishwasher will not operate, I'm guessing this is a fault code. has anyone got an idea before I call out an engineer?

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
Heater open curcuit cost 40 quid for a new heater.

Rocks, we too have lights 4+6 error....and I see that you say it is the heating circuit....ie the element, the connections, the module or relay ....any idea if we can eliminate any of these before buying parts ?

Thanks for any help

Sarah

It will be the heater just check it with a meter.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that rocks1. We were able to source a secondhand heater (which we are assured is in good working order). My partner has installed it but there is no change to the dishwasher (same two lights and machine stops). How do we test the heater with a meter, i.e to which components do we attach the meter? You also mentioned two other components, the relay and the module. How do we identify these? The machine works fine in pre-wash mode, presumably this confirms that the problem lies with the heater circuit, as the water is not heated for pre-wash?

Many thanks

on the heater is a white connection plug ,set meter to ohms and what is the reading you are getting.

The heater element should measure around 25 to 30 ohms, if it does the problem lies elsewhere (break or bad connection in the heater wiring or faulty NTC sensor/pcb).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back