Hotpoint Aquarius Stopped Working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius WF-541 Washing Machine.

Last night I put a wash on and selected option 5 as normal. The machine started to fill up with water and then stopped. It's not completely full, the water comes just under the door seal. After about ten minutes of no action the door locked light started flashing. There's no pattern to the flashing it's just constant.

If you turn it off, it unlocks after ten minutes but is still full of water. You can turn the machine on and select any function but it just clicks and does nothing. After a while the door locked light will start flashing.

So the first problem is, how do I get it to drain so that I can take my clothes and out?

And the second is, how to fix it? I've checked the drain which leads into the trap under the sink and it isn't blocked. The sink and the dishwasher are both draining OK into the same waste pipe.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Steven

Sponsored Links
Thanks, but I can search myself. If I could find the answer I wouldn’t have posted.

Sponsored Links
To drain disconnect the waste pipe from the sink trap, lower the pipe and gravity will do the rest
Or
Put the washer back on and cancel the programme (hold start/pause for 3 secs) then put on a drain option (PO - Pump Out, on selector dial, picture looks like a bowl with water in and a downward arrow). This will also hopefully unlock the door once finished.
Alternatively dependent on model, there might be a door release mechanism.

You may need to test/replace the door switch, if thats ok then test the pressure switch and check the water inlet valve is operating correctly and ensure you have good water pressure still. After that check the heating element.

All simple easy checks with a meter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back