Hotpoint Aquarius WD61 bearings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Hotpoint Aquarius WD61 has always been noisy when spinning, but it surpassed itself yesterday with a crash that sounded as though a car had crashed into the front of my house. Now I can hear what sounds like a loose heavy part clunking when the spin gets to its fastest and when I stopped it there was smoke in the drum. I'm assuming this is bearing trouble. Can these be replaced DIY? If so, how? I'm fairly mechanically minded myself, but have help also. Any diagrams would help. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Remove the lid and see if the rear condenser has fallen off

Does the inner drum move up and down when you lift it up.

Sponsored Links
No the inner drum stainless steel one , open the door and grab hold of the inner drum at 6 o'clock with your fingers is there any play in it. Ps that means the bottom don't wait till 6 oclock as someone said last week.

Since I last replied I noticed that one of the feet in the amchine had no contact with the floor, so I adjusted that and have run a spin with no washing in and the vibration is much reduced. I'll try again with a wash in to see what the situation could be then. Could it have been just the fact it only had three legs? I'm also wondering if it could be a loose tub weight?

Could be try a load with towels in it.

Re the play on the inner tub - not that I can tell.

Have tried a quick wash with a load, there was more clunking on the spin - a regular clunk which sped up as the speed increased and became so bad I switched it all off. This didn't happen on the empty spin.

Oh dear sounds like drum support broken. This part goes on the inner drum .. Front panel off consol panel and front plate then rear nut on pulley then whack inner drum though the front.

Hello again, yes, when I got the front off I could feel the inner drum was looser in two places than the third. Have, after raiding two neighbours toolkits, managed to get the nut off the back off the drum, but the pulley has stayed firm - is it screwed on as well or can I just thwack the threaded part through. Am snowed in so have time on my hands and am quite enjoying myself. Oh, while I'm at it there is a damaged part from the heater on to the outer drum at the front a vent or duct - do you know what it is called? I've got most of the pieces, can it be stuck together?

The pulley unscrews anti clockwise hold the inner drum and turn pulley to come off. As for the heater part can photo it and upload it.

Hello again, the pulley is off and the spider was definitely the problem - two of the legs were broken. The part I think is an air duct is the grey plastic thing in the picture. The companies that sell parts don't have enough pictures so I can't work out what to order. Any idea of the name of this? The crumpled metal part was inbetween the inner and the outer drum. The picture isn't too good, but there are two screws attached and one is in a broken plastic thing. I've looked and looked but cannot see anywhere it could have come from. Any ideas?
I hope this picture thing works. Thanks
View media item 28868View media item 28869

Ignore the piece of metal that was a water scope the goes on the inside of the drum it's now obsolete it was a waste of time. Pics, top bit is 1601663 air duct. Middle bit 1600561 body nozzle. Bottom bit 1604100 nozzle air inlet. All less than a tenner a piece

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back