hotpoint aquarius WF340 1400 spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Thanks for all that let me know about this lead topic . Only just got round to ordering one of these capacitors, but having trouble knowing what to order, Are they all differant numbers for differant models ?Can anyone tell me what I needan what number the part is, for my model phoned local washer repairers and he said £10 for the capacitor, thought thats funny when most people say they are 50p .. any help appreciated.
Thanks Chris :D

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the sticky at the top last post on there by me tells you what cap and where to get it from even eBay / maplins / rs etc

A tenner for a capacitor is more likely a mains suppressor or motor start capacitor than a PCB componant

Hi Smithy, thanks for that but had a look and the farnells link just takes me to a page with no c17 capacitor on..is it a C17 680uf 10v 125degc , capacitor?..other post ,s give no info ,
Thanks Mate

Sponsored Links
the capacitor you req for the PCB is a 680uf 10v 125

680 micro farad, 10 Volt capacitor that fits in the physical area

To be honest we have used capacitors ranging from 1000 micro farad 10 volt up to 800 micro farad 35 volt and all have worked

Thanks leccy for the reply, I have told 2 washing repair men the part I wanted and both want £10.been on ebay there is a chap on there sells 10v 680uf 105 degc ultra low impedance capacitor. will this do???.

Thanks again Chris

Thanks for your trouble Leccy, we have a Mapplins near so will get off there for one.
Thanks again :)

the capacitor you req for the PCB is a 680uf 10v 125

680 micro farad, 10 Volt capacitor that fits in the physical area

To be honest we have used capacitors ranging from 1000 micro farad 10 volt up to 800 micro farad 35 volt and all have worked

Hi Leccy been to maplins , bought the capacitor, but the bloke looked in book and said they only do 1000 uf 16 v,,, or 460 uf ,16 v,,,Would it be ok to use the 1000 uf 16 v . I know you say that you have used up to 1000 as above but you always say 10 v ,, would the 16 be ok to use , won,t blow it up or set fire ,will it ??.

Thanks again Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back