Hotpoint Aquarius WF540 fault - flashing lights??!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius WF540 1400 spin which is almost three years old and seems to have suddenly developed a fault. If it is plugged in it basically randomnly turns on, the wash enhance and rinse hold lights flash slowly, the on/off button flashes quickly and it makes a noise (but does not seem to fill). Any ideas? I have tried having the power off for over 15 mins as the man at Hotpoint said that it might reset itself but that does not work. I also tried to start a normal wash but within the first minute it reverted to doing the above. The man at Hotpoint suggested its probably a programming fault, not sure why it would develop it after three years! Any suggestions/advice as they want to charge a small fortune to come out!

Thanks in anticipation of any advice.

LisaR

Sponsored Links
what number lights are flashing on the left ie 1 and 2 or 2 and 5 etc

that code means pressure switch not sensing have you tried cleaning the filter and the back of the machine

Sponsored Links
Nope, hubby is doing so now, thanks for the advice, bear with me a bit and I will let you know!

Ok cleaned back but can't see a filter, sorry if being thick but where is it?!

at the back of mc down bottom is a white panel with 3 screws remove and you will see a black sump with a fat jubilee clip round it remove that is the filter.any rubbish in it ??

Ah we were nearly there but not quite in the right place, looking now, hold on...

Thanks for your help, its really appreciated!

Ok got the filter and cleaned it all out, bit gunky but nothing a
major, reconnected everything and it is still doing it :cry:

Any other suggestions?

two things left to try remove top lid and on the left is a round presure switch with a clear tube running to the bottom of mc .is the 3 wires connected to it ?. if the answer is yes , next at the back of mc again were you took the sump from is a eletronic board at the bottom make sure all the connections are a tight fit .if this dont cure it it needs a new board and presure switch.which cost 80 for a board 15 new eprom and pres switch about 20 quid .hotpoint will only charge you 89 to supply and fit parts .that your best bet

Thanks, will try that tomorrow as the light is not so good now, thanks again for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back