hotpoint aquarius wf560 access filter pump instructions pls!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya! I'm a damsel in major distress!

HOTPOINT AQUARIUS WF560 washing machine

My pump or filter is blocked by an item of clothing that disintegrated in the machine. I opened the back panel where I thought I'd find a regular type filter like my old machine but in shock horror there is a black hose with loads of wires! I need to get my machine working asap, as I have five kids and mountains of washing and don't have the luxury of paying someone to fix it. If someone with a lot of patience could kindly please please please tell me what bolts, clips etc to undo to clean out pump or filter I'd be eternally grateful!

I did try looking online for diagrams and manuals but couldn't find any. HELP!

Sponsored Links
how did it go??

just saw your post and hope you didnt bin the machine as this clean up process is relatively easy..

start undoing the hoses until you get to the filter thats connected to the drum (it has a white ball inside it) ... separate everything and clean it all out... make sure you dont damage anything especially the rubbery bits..

you will need a star screw bit to separate the drain pump from the electromagnet... you dont water getting onto the electrical items yet you want to clean out the pump propeller part...
once all clean reverse the steps making sure you use jubilee clips to secure the connections and make them water tight..

overall not so tricky but if you arent confident get someone to do it.. should take less than an hour overall.. so 20-30 quid will do it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back