hotpoint aquarius wf560

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Our WF560 will not switch on or off other than at the wall. Also alll of the other buttons do nothing. When you 1st switch it on at the socket the Rinse Hold light briefly lights then goes out just leaving on the power light.

We have had problems for some time where the Rinse Hold light is always lit and doesn't always go out.

Now though we can't use the machine at all.

Langy

Sponsored Links
buttons stuck in. take consol panel off and check buttons are not stuck to the pcb .

I dont think its the buttons stuck as they click away nicely.
However if I can I will check.

I will add to that, after a good wiggle of the buttons the Rinse Hold came on again which I then could not get rid of. So I switched off at the mains back on and now the machine has started.

If I can I will take the cover off at the weekend.

many thanks for the reply and if anyone has any other suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
OK now I've got the Rinse & Hold light just flashing and the machine will no cancel or finish its cycle.

is the on/off light flashing as well.

No, the Power light is static and the Rinse Hold light is flashing.
I have got the PCB out in case of stuck buttons but none of them seem to do anything.

push the little micro switch on the pcb it should turn it off .if the console buttons are not push square on they get stuck at a slight angle very hard to see .

I have tried all the buttons on the PCB or is there another smaller reset button?

no no reset if you press the buttons the light goes out this is done with the pcb out of the consol .if they dont go out then the top pcb is naffed you need a new one .

Yeah I think the PCB is gone passed its best. It wasn't until I switched the power off to the machine for about 30 minutes that it continued on its cycle.

A new PCB is £100, Hotpoint want £100 (parts free) to come out and don't guarantee a repair. The machine cost £270 3 years ago so I'm now in the dilemer of just scrapping the machine and buying a new one or the rerpair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back