Hotpoint Aquarius WMA54 Washing Machine.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
My washer as just started to play up. It does a wash & then doesn't go into its spin cycle. So, what I have done is to try & switch it to a separate fast spin cycle, this does a cycle but when it is finished the Drum is full of water & the clothes are wringing wet. I am hoping that someone as had a similar problem & can point me in the right direction.
Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.

Bing.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it may be an unbalanced load, what happens if you select the drain programme.

Hi jj4091.
Thank you for your input. I have read something about an unbalanced load before. I will give it ago on the drain cycle, as you suggest. Thanks.
Bing.

Sponsored Links
If it not draining it probably your drain pump not working. When your washing machine finishes the wash cycles its waiting for the drum to pump out the water before it can go into high speed spin and of its not draining/pumping out the machine wont step on to the next programme (which is the rinse and spin cycle)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back