hotpoint aquarius wt540 washing machine problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, when I try to put a wash on i can here the door lock but nothing happens apart from the door lock light flashes slowly.
Any Ideas???
Also before this happened when I tried to do a wash the machine would lock up and all the lights flickered constantly until I unplugged it and plugged it back in again. then it worked.

Sponsored Links
If all lights are flashing the it's a c17 cap on the Pcb.

If all lights are flashing the it's a c17 cap on the Pcb.

Thanks for that, what about the first issue I have where the machine door locks but nothing happens then the door lock light flashes??
which is the c17 cap and what pcb??

Thanks

Check the motor brushes to see if there worn. The cap is on the Pcb at the rear next to the motor. Plenty of posts in the sticky about the cap and pics and where to buy it.

Sponsored Links
Check the motor brushes to see if there worn. The cap is on the Pcb at the rear next to the motor. Plenty of posts in the sticky about the cap and pics and where to buy it.

Sorry to be a pain I cant find any info on the cap I am new to this. Also are the brushes the likely cause of the door lock light to flash slowly. Where are the brushes?

thanks

Brushes are on the motor. You tube shows you how to remove them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back