Hotpoint BWM129

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I just cleaned out the calc filter (located at front of machine). It was totally gunked up. I cleaned up all the water and stuff and put on a wash load. I noticed a strange noise coming from the drum on spin. I'm assuming it's bearings on the main drum.. I've now got a thin layer of machine / mineral oil just under the front valance. Can anyone confirm that this id from the bearing casing? Is it easy to repair / change or should I say bye bye to the machine (it's just over 5 years old). Thanks

Sponsored Links
don't bother repairing, not sure of your model, but bearings, which i believe is your problem, used to be a basket to do, next, your clothes will be contaminated, been there. :p

EDit, when stopped, open the door and try to lift the front of the cylinder/drum, up and down, is there movement? bet there is?

thanks libby, i'm now looking at getting a new machine. cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back