Hotpoint DF23-Takes hours to complete cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a Hotpoint DF23 for 10+ years.

It is now taking about 5 hours to complete a wash cycle.
It's draining fine and appears to have water going in and is washing and drying without any problems.

If anything, it seems not to heat the water to such a high temperature as what it was before.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
You have a thermostat fault. Found near the heater at the bottom of the tub. And poss one on the door. You should have asked here first the other forum you asked on are a bit slow.

Rocks

Thanks for your help-thought I would try the dishwasher specific forum first-still awaiting a reply.

I take it, a change of thermostat isn't too challenging.....

Thanks again

Yep just pulls out and replace. There are two one in door one on base best to change both.

Sponsored Links
Rocks

Managed to find 2 thermostats on the base acting as supports to the heater.
Both are exactly the same type.
I take it both should be changed along with the rubber grommets.

Haven't found one in the door yet....

Yes both if them. Also shows one screwed under the tub and 2 fitted on the inner door. Remove outer door and they should be by the dispenser 2 round discs. You can test they by putting in a cup of hot water and checking resistance with a meter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back