Hotpoint FDF784 Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help and advice appreciated.

I have the above dishwasher which is giving an error code of A-7, which I believe means the mains water feed is blocked.

When I turn the dishwasher on I hear and feel water going into the machine, 1 or 2 minutes later it shows A-7 and I can feel and hear water being pumped out through the waste

I have taken the mains water feed hose off, checked the small filter and confirmed there are no blockages in the hose.

Can anyone give me any pointers of what to do next or what the problem might be?

Do I need an engineer?

Many thanks in advance.

Kippy

Sponsored Links
According to error codes
A-7: Turbine faulty - electronic module has detected no turbine rotation
*Check turbine
*Check wiring

Hi PrenticeBoyofDerry,

Thanks for that.

Where did you get that info from?

The user manual gives A-7 as a blocked water filter?

If it is turbine related is that a service call or something easy to investigate / resolve?

Sponsored Links
It's the matrix that's faulty or turbine as they call it. It's found at the back left bottom of the machine. Remove left side panel. The wheel in there has fallen off so new matrix / turbine needed.

Yes. That's its, very easy to fix just pulls off and undo the nut inside the dishwasher which is about 3 inches round.

Hi rocks1,

Any tips on how to loosen the nut? :) Trying to loosen It by hand ain't working. Is there a retainng screw somewhere? Or do I need a special tool?

Thanks again.

Kippy

As long as you loosen it from inside the tub. Try a towel on your hand it will come off no tools needed.

Sorted, thanks.

Now the jubilee type clip. Is there a simple way to pop it off or is it prised off and replaced.

Many thanks.

Kippy

Rocks1 and PrenticeBoyofDerry,

I bit late I know but just wanted to say thanks for your help and highlighting the problem. A holiday delayed this thank you message.

I replaced the part and the machine is now working prefectly, cost to me about £20 and some of my time. :)

Many Thanks

Kippy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back