Hotpoint FDW60 not completing the cycle .. HELP PLEASE :-)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Hotpoint FDW60 dishwasher which is not completing the cycle .. It is just the prewash that has been done and then it is pumping the water away, so the dishwasher is dry but the pump is still running.

I can't reset it by holding the reset button but after switching it off for a bit it will stop the pump and reset .. However, when I try to use it again the same thing happens.

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem please? I don't really want to have to buy a new one if I can avoid it.

Thank you :)

Sponsored Links
Its possible its flooded inside in the base.
Remove lid and side panels. Look for water in the base.

Its definately the drain pump and not the circulation pump you can hear?

To prove its the drain pump, when its finished the rinse cycle open the door and fill with enough water to see it above the base filter, close the door and let the programme start again, after 15 secs open the door to see if the water has gone or not.

Sponsored Links
There is no water in the bottom of the machine.

I have tipped it up and all the water from the base came out .. It allowed me to reset it and it was going as normal and then Im guessing as soon as it tried to move from prewash onto the normal program the same thing happened.

I tipped all the water out again and got it going but same again.

Do I need a new machine or is it economical to repair it .. I think I read somewhere that the control panel may need replacing but is it financially viable on a 10yr old machine.

I've had our money's worth out of it so .. Not sure what to do for the best.

Thanks

If you are unable to remove the lid and the left side panel then go ahead and buy a new machine.

If however you decide to establish where the water is coming from,let me know and we can proceed.

Whoever said control panel needs replacing obviously knows nothing or more than letting on just to sell you something you don't need.

Will do that thanks .. Sorry to sound thick but how will we know where the water comes from?

If it is not filling with water inside the tub then its leaking between the inlet valve (water hose connection) and the jug inlet (hole under the filter inside the tub).
The filling loop is on the left hand side panel, observing whilst it fills will be obvious where the water is coming from.
You will need to empty the water out of the base again for the machine to work. Tipping it back will suffice as you have already done.

If it's not spraying the water around inside within 2 mins of start then the circulation pump has gone. Cost £50.00.

I wouldn't go spending £50 just yet until its proved to be the circ pump.

Will do that thanks Yardie.

Ah so if the water isn't going into the loop when filling, it is escaping before that and that is how it is ending up in the base, which is causing the flood sensor to kick in?

Exactly!

So replacing the circulation pump will solve nothing.
If theres no water to circulate then there won't be water coming out of the spray arms.

Glad you haven't just spent £50 needlessly.

Another post ending in 3 or 4 pages with no results. Makes good reading

Right, we could see the water entering and it filled the dishwasher, the dishwasher then went into the prewash, water spraying around inside etc .. It went to empty and stopped with the Eco wash flashing again.

So my guess is that the water its emptying isn't going where it's meant to be but unsure what that could be or how to get at it to fix it please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back