Hotpoint Oven Trips Main Circuit Board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have been in our house for almost a year.

Last week our oven tripped the electrics in our whole house. This has happened a couple of times before when the oven door has been accidentally slammed. Last weeks was when noone was near the oven, it was simply on.

I thought this may be down to a bad earth or bad connection in the wiring. Today I took the oven out and dicovered the earth wire was unconnected. I have fixed this but now the cooker trips the house out when I turn it of or go from normal to fan or change the temperature.....sometimes!

I have seen another post stating this could be the element needs replacing but that post seemed more general in symptoms hence the new post.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
almost a year? does that mean the oven is new ? if so HP g'tee it for 12 mths

Sponsored Links
not much you can do unless you have a megga meter to check circuit ,my moneys on the oven heater element cost about a tenner and easy to change

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back