hotpoint ultima dwf-60 update - more help needed please

fay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i have a hotpoint ultima dwf - 60, it has been in the garage for a couple of mth while we moved house, we plumbed it in today and switched it on and got error code F.

water is going to the machine from the pipes but the machine isn't filling up, just making a humming noise (like its trying to work) and not filling up.

any help would be great, thank you!!

:D

Sponsored Links
Inlet valve faulty or locked out due to blockage would be my guess.

thank you for your reply!!!

will get my partner to look into that.

thanks

we have checked the inlet valve (had a plumber out he was usless) that seems to be ok.

some told us that if the machine has been moved it sometimes closes the valve up to stop it from leaking or something, does anyone know how to open the valve back up, is it electrics?

thanks

Sponsored Links
yes tried there, all they say when you cakl them is we're not aload to give that information over the phone you have to call an engineer out.

can't really afford that.

but thanks anyway!

sent an email a couple of days ago, but thought i'd post on here incase anyone knew anything in the mean time.

++++++++++++
Moderator's note:

No need to create a duplicate thread. I have coped your latest post below
Mod Rupert
+++++++++++++

fay said:
i have posted on here about a poss valve but looking into it more someone has said my problem maybe because the dishwasher was moved and the vavle shut down (if thats the word) to stop its self from leaking, and may just need rebooting?? is there a button or something! i have no idea!!

cheers

What did the plumber check? That water comes out of the tap? Did he take the inlet valve out and disconnect it from the machine to test it?
It's either got a blockage which has locked out the valve, a faulty valve or if it was transported on it's side, a stuck pressure switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back