Hotpoint Ultima WF-860 F-08 Code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for some advice regarding Error Code F-08 which was flashing on our Hotpoint Ultima WF-860 washer.

The machine was mid way through a cycle when it stopped flashing error code F-08. The drum was empty of water and I managed to open the door. When the load of washing was removed it appears that one of the plastic arms on the drum had come away from the drum leaving sharp edges exposed where the arm attaches to the drum.

It appears that an article of clothing has been shredded and fragments of the garment were wrapped around the element and in the drain hole underneath the element. I have removed all of the fragments of the garment but it still gives an error F-08 when the machine is powered back on and a cycle run.

What else could be causing this error and is a new machine now required as I think the clips on the blue drum bar are broken?

Any help would be appreciated - being a family of four with young kids the washer is used daily and the clothes will be piling up soon!!! :(

Sponsored Links
Fo8 is heater or heater relay on the pcb. First clean the filter found at the back. Check heater while your there for continuity. Then if all ok test it. Then replace the blue lifters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back