hotpoint washing m/c aquarius WMF740 7Kg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Similar problem to brenny with an F05 fault on hotpoint a washing m/c aquarius WMF740 7Kg. It won't drain.

Didn't want to hijack brenny's post (//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=254030), so a new one.

The front panel at the bottom comes away and I've had off the filter cap, as in brenny's post.
All clear in there for me. No nylon stocking!
There looks to be a small impeller, which turns quite freely, and all entry/exit pipes I can get to from there seem clear.

I've removed the pipe feeding to the sink waste. All clear there. No pennies or anything stuck in the end.
The waste pipe joins from the top and seems well fitted, so won't have the problem of sink waste flowing into it.

Bit at a loss now. :confused:
Machine only 3 months old, so warranty shouldn't be a problem, but if it's a simple blockage somewhere, don't want to be stung for a callout without checking basics.

Had a look at the back, and where the grey waste pipe comes out, doesn't look like I can get at anything there easily.

Any other suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Check the sump the big black cup in the centre of the drum , it's got a plastic ball in it and it's poss stuck up against the drum. Just remove and refit.

Check the sump the big black cup in the centre of the drum , it's got a plastic ball in it and it's poss stuck up against the drum. Just remove and refit.

Thanks rocks1.
Not sure where to find this - sorry, newbee to washers!

Do I take the screws out of the back panel & remove panel to reveal this sump?

Another weird thing has happened. Once it tripped out with F05 when full of water, I drained it out through the filter cap at the bottom, bit by bit into a container.
I put it on a spin (prog B) to dry the washing that was in. Lasts a 16min cycle and then at 9mins it decided to refill with water and I had to drain again :mad:

I'd been moving it about to get access to the pipes etc and have just repeated the spin after reconnecting everything, with the intention of getting the washing out after the first phase of spin at about 10mins.
Only this time, the rest of the spin cycle continued to completion with no filling.
Very odd.
Getting late now so will have another look after work tomorrow night.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back