Hotpoint washing machine leaking from inside somewhere???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Not too clued up on the internals of washing machines but am willing to open it up if it might be a relatively easy thing to see. Im just not too sure how to go about it though. Let me explain......

The washing machine draws in water without a problem, washes the clothes without a problem, however when it comes to draining the water back out it seems to just come straight out from underneath it and all over the floor. Is there some internal joint that may have corroded, come loose, broken etc etc? If there is where abouts would i be looking if i was to take the covers off and have a look inside?

What im basically trying to find out if there is a way of recreating the leak whilst the back cover is off it by any chance?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Usually the pumps / motors / hoses etc are visible if you lay the machine carefully on its side and look at its underneath....hope you sort it! John :)

check the stand pipe its poss blocked .

Thanks John, thats what i was planning on doing with it, laying it on its side and taking the cover off to see what i can see inside. My only concern at this would be the fact that it would be disconnected from everything so any leaking might not be evident.

Rocks1 - Whats the stand pipe, and where abouts would it be?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
if it washes ok without a leak only when it pumps out then the stand pipe behind the mc blocked its a big long tube that the waste pipe goes into .pull mc out and see where the pipe goes .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back