Hotpoint WD420 flashing lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Machine has suddenly decided to stop working (although still making noises) and start flashing at me instead. The local engineer says it needs a new motherboard but seems to have difficulty locating one - hence why I'm here.
The flashing lights are Drying High Heat/Reduce Creases/Time Saver and the On-Off. The machine is currently switched off at the plug as no response to the On-Off once it's flashing.
Checking one of the previous posts (//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=163622) indicates that these lights are:
f13 lights 1&2&4, dryer ntc/ fan motor - which doesn't mean a lot to me.
I bought the machine second hand but is this a simple fix and/or worth it?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Sponsored Links
new pcb required contact emw in nottingham for a recon 45.00 quid

PCB taken out - Mark4; ordered and delivered.
Replaced it this evening and put on a quick cycle.
Everything seemed to going well for about 1-2 minutes and then the flashing lights again; same as before: 1,2 & 4.
Ideas appreciated.
Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Edit: This did not resolve the problem!

Hi

I came across your old post, I have had the same problem.

1. Replaced PCB.
2. When the Machine is in off mode, it still switches on with flashing lights (fault F13 - lights 1,2 & 4 flashing).

My solution:
I tested the NTC Thermal limiter and it has a shot open circuit (no continuity)
I have ordered a new one from Hotpoint for approx £20.00

NTC Thermal limiter:
NTC Thermal limiter position

I am expecting the new part resolves the problem, as the F13 fault points to the Dryer NTC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back