hotpoint wd420

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i wonder if anyone can help me? my hotpoint wd420 has just started playing up. I put it on a k program which is a 30 quick wash and it filled with water and now will not do anymore than that. If i put it on drain or fast spin it works fine but not on a normal wash?? some assistance would be much appreciated :D

Sponsored Links
I have been trying different cycles, when i put it on a k wash which is a fast 30 wash after a while the wash light is flashing slowly?

Put it on rinse and spin does water enter.

Sponsored Links
i tried it on rinse and spin and no water, just does its little spin cycle. Ive got a feeling it may be the valve???

Yes but it's a 2 or 3 way valve. The whole valve needs replacing.

thank you very very much, the water pipe has two connectors on the back ive looked on ebay but cant seem to find a double cold water inlet?

It depends on the serial no and com code of the mc. There's 3 diff versions of valve. If you got a continuity tester see which one is open curcuit.

ive just taken it all apart and im going to go to a shop tomorrow and hopefully get a complete replacement. Thank you very much for your help

I usually just pull off the faulty solenoid coil and push a replacement one in its place. You can buy a universal type single valve to get the new coil but you would need to cut off the original wiring plug and fit female spade terminals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back