Hotpoint wd440 all lights flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone shed any light on a problem I have. The above machine all lights are flashing, After having a read round it seems the pcb may be gone, is this correct - is it time to get a new machine

Thanks in advance for looking

sam

Sponsored Links
Read the sticky at the top it's regarding the c17 cap on the pcb. If your good with a soldering iron you can change it costs pennies or you can get a recon pcb.

Thank you and no I am not very handy with a solderign iron - is it easy to change the pcb for a recon one

Thanks
again

Sponsored Links
Managed to get the board out today, well just now and looking at it - it does not seem like the c17 cap thats gone. there is black around the board by the following caps, diodes, etc

c10
d2
l1
r20

Would it better to get a new board or can I get all these from somewhere, maybe like a kit.

Help greatly apprciated

There is often black areas on these boards (dust etc attracted by static /magnetic attraction)

All lights flashing is normally due to the board power regulator failing and the eeprom keeps cycling trying to boot up.

The main part that goes in the power regulation circuit is capacitor C17 a 680 micro farad 10V one. It rarely looks blown apart, normally it has a slight doming on the top instead of being perfectly flat.

EMW repair boards and will send you a replacement for around £40 I think or you could take it to a local shop and see if they could do it.

If you have more parts of a board gone it would rarely be worth attempting to do it yourself as almost certainly the eeprom will be corrupted or broken.

Thanks all for helping.

Ii was a bit difficult to get the board out but much easier to get it back in. :)

I replaced the c17 cap with another from maplins. it was not the same as the one already in the board and maplins did not have teh same one - so I had read in another thread here that different capacitors have been used from 1000 micro farad 10v to 800 micro farad 35v

Well the one I got was 1000 micro farad 16v, it works and last night managed to get a load of washing done :)

Thanks for all the advice, thought now I had got the washine machione working again maybe I should try that LCD monitor I have lying around thats blown, different kettle of fish :) neadless to say it is still lying in bits lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back