Hotpoint WD72 - Error E15

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bear with me! - Stopped with E15, check pipies. So I took black hose off, checked pump etc...all clear. also machine HAD emptied. cannot find blockage anywhere. Now the machine also does not take water in, goes through wash cycle with no water, then E15. Did some homework, and checked out water heater. - Open circuit. - so ordered/replaced new heater - fired it up - takes water in! - great I thought...goes through wash cycle - stops with an E15 again!!...now it wont take water in again...back to sqaure one. checked new heater... seems ok 26 ohms resisitance..old one open circuit. Checked new thermister agaist old one..both read the same... So what the hell can it be? and what controls the water ingress? HELLLP?

Sponsored Links
Hi I have same problem, Where do I find the "blocked tube to pressure switch"? Thanks

ok... it is a clear pipe from the bottom front of the drum up to a pressure switch, top right. You need to take the front of the machine off.

Is your machine not filling?

Sponsored Links
I don't think its filling, If I put it on a wash mode it goes for a while then comes up with E15 error, If I put it on to dry the error comes straight up.

ok...if it is not filling at all...and there is no water no to be pumped out, its deffo the problem I had. If you feel up to it, you need to - take the top off. Then unscrew the 4 screws on fromt top left where the soap tray goes. Be cafeful then takeing front off with ribbon cable. - Then take front bottom panel off which clips on. Unscrew front, then take metal ring off from rubber on door, remove rubber from door,and unscrew the 2 door switch screws to drop switch from inside. Front then comes off. you will see a clear pipe from bottom of drum going up to pressure switch at top front right. chances are this pipe is blocked. if not switch may be u/s. Also check your heater is ok. heater is at bottom of drum behind a small black cover. check for open circuit with a multimeter. if good it should show continuity. Mine reads 26 ohms.

If you have water not emptying... the E15 is genuine... and you need to take back off and check black pipe between bottom of drum and pump... this may be blocked...Also pump may be blocked/broken.

good luck! - oh and be sure you have the mains plug out!

I have cleaned the pipe/filter and replaced the pump but still same problem. I'm not sure if I want to do all that! I may just get the wife to buy a new one as we have had this one for over 4 years now and have had good use out of it

Disconnect the tube from the pressure switch and blow down it, if its clear it should be easy to blow through. (Only need to remove the lid to do this)

Turn off the power and disconnect first though.

Yes, Leccy speaks wise words.... Disconnect the pipe from the switch at the top... You could then try and start a wash...if water does start flowing... then you know this is your problem. when i pulled my pipe off... you could hear to switch click as the vacuum was broken. do not let the wash contniue though as water would come up the pipe..press cancel!

My pipe was full of fluff.

It not that hard to take front off...just take it one step at a time. If you are careful with the plug out...whats the worst that can happen?...You have already budgeted for a new washer... you may surprise yourself. fixing something always feels good!

Ok I'll try with just taking the lid off. Like you say I have come this far what do I have to lose!..Thanks for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back