Hotpoint WDF740 control knob not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the control knob on my washer dryer is just spinning around and not selecting programmes, it feels very tight in certain positions as well. Any ideas? it seems as though it is catching somewhere on its way around as the numbers are scratching off on the dial inside

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Pull it ff has the spindle shaft broke/split.

i have pulled it and it is the same, does it sound like the back of the knob which connects to the pot shaft has broken up/snapped?

As the knob is off can you turn the pod easy. The shaft on the back of the dial is poss split.

Sponsored Links
oh sorry, no the knob cannot be pulled off it is behind the main fascia of the machine, to pull off the knob you have to remove the front control panel first. I meant i pulled the knob outwards to see if it had disengaged. i cannot get access to the pod without taking the lid off, but am worried that it will void the warranty if i do. They are coming to look on wednesday

If your careful you can take the consol off and have a look. Did you tell them to bring a knob otherwise it will be a waste of time. No harm in looking if it's broke, ring then and make sure they bring one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back