hotpoint wf210g

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Hotpoint wf210g machine , it died would do nothing except switch on after a bit the door lock light would come on then just go off again ,i read somewhere the door lock light is in circuit with the motor
and no error lights lit machine did absolutely nothing.

I looked at the motor , and i changed the brushes which were worn well down ,

now the machine starts
,fills with water does a few swirls ,then drains the water the led 3rd 0ne down flashes next to rinse hold ,also the on off switch flashes at same-time.

at this stage i can only turn of at the mains as buttons become unresponsive.

i switched machine on again put it on to spin only and it does the same regardless of the program i choose .the rinse hold light flashes and so does the power button.

i reseated all cables on everything on both pcb boards too
but the same issue,

cleaned all the waste outlets found a few coins:)

made sure the drain hose from machine is high enough , it always was high enough and worked fine from this position before.

i tried a spare motor i had but exactly the same thing

i tried a spare set of cables from motor to the main pcb , the one in the back of the machine

next i tried a spare pcb i had the one that goes in the back ,it did exactly the same,

next i tried a spare pressure switch i had same issue but it responds fine to vacum it clicks okay ,and the pipe from it can be blown down it is clear , still same issue

next step changed inlet cold /hot water valves spares from previous machine but still same issue

could this possibly be related to the front selector controller module

i also looked at the c17 capacitor on the main pcb does not look swollen looks fine ,could both these main pcb boards be dead, ??

the spares i used were from my previous machine ,
it was the same brand but a model higher up

andi dont have the from control panel from it to try

can the front control panel selector cause this ..any ideas welcome

thanks

:arrow:

Sponsored Links
when i say front panel controller ,i mean the front pcb guess thats what its called ..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back