Hotpoint WF541 error code F05

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, recently my washing machine has started flash lights 2 and 4 towards the end of a cycle. The water does not drain. I have done my research and this error code points to a possible pump blockage. I have checked the pump at the front bottom as well as the drain pipe that goes to under my sink and both are clear and water passes through them. Im beginning to think there may be a blockage/problem elsewhere. Where else can I check?

Sponsored Links
Check the sump that's attatched to the bottom of the drum.

Follow the black tube from the pump. It goes under the drum with a clip round it.

Sponsored Links
So I should lie the machine on its side so I can see the bottom? Wouldnt any trapped water leak out?

No , no need to lie it down just tip it back and wedge it against the worktop. Then underneath you will see it.

Seems to have sorted the issue. Found a sock that was stuck in the sump! Thanks for the help, much appreciated :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back