Hotpoint Wf541G - Lights 1&4 flashing - eprom/setup err

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I've always been able to search and find my answers on this forum before now, and thanks to rocks1's post here, I've been able to determine that lights 1 & 4 are flashing (Mini Load & Wash Enhance) which apparently means "eprom/setup error".

Before this error came up, the machine was just flashing ALL lights (for several hours) until I switched it off at the mains and left it overnight. Now, I'm just getting lights 1&4. Does this mean the circuitboard is screwed? If so is it fairly easy to replace myself (don't mind getting my hands dirty) or should I call someone out on Monday (how much might this cost me??).

The only thing I've tried so far is checking the filter at the front bottom-right of the washing machine, but this is clear.

Any help gratefully appreciated.[/b]

Sponsored Links
Thanks rocks1, time to heave the washing machine out and find if it's a mark 4 or mark8 pcb. I'll leave another post when pcb replaced and mission successful.

Best get on with the hand-washing until then!

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
New circuit board arrived promptly from ewb, and fitted it yesterday. Have since been running the washing machine without problems.

Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back