Hotpoint WF630

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please help???

I have a hotpoint aquarius wf630 washing machine, it is approx 6 years old. For the past few days it has been making a really loud noise when spinning and also when going through its cycle, it sounds like a marble in the machine but there is nothing in there, the noise is so loud it sounds like its about to explode.

The back has been removed and there is nothing loose or anything around the back.

Can anyone help or do I need a new machine???

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Spin th drum by hand does it feel rough. If so new drum bearings needed.

Thanks for the reply, yes when spun by hand it feels like it is rubbing against something, where do I get bearings from please?

Is it a big job?

Thanks

Google for it but it's not a easy job total strip down drum out. Cost of parts about 20 quid for bearings. Drum support 40 quid and a seal fiver. If you can't get bearings out new rear half drum needed. Hotpoint will do whole lot parts and labour 110 choice is yours.

Sponsored Links
It could be something caught between the inner rotating drum and the outer stationary one (bra wires being a favourite) but if you can grip the drum from the top and bottom within the door and detect any play, then the bearings have gone AWOL.
To replace these is as big as a job gets, unfortunately so most don't bother - unless you do the job yourself and can be without the machine for a while.
John :)

Absent With Out Leave ;)
There are, of course, other expressions.
As rocks says, if the bearings don't want to shift then its really an issue.
Go on - treat yourself......'cos you're worth it :D
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back