hotpoint WM64

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, i dont venture often to this section but like lurking in Plumbing and combustion section.

Our machine on spin starts to go for a walk. Took the cover off today to see 2 springs on top which are intact, and two shock absorbers between nase and side of drum. The shaft was greasy and black. Also, see slight weep below the door and drawer. Have cleaned the detergent drawer. Checked the door seal- it does not have any holes in it.

Am I better getting Hotpoint out to fix the machine, or is there anything I can do? Should I go out and get a new machine if this one is a can of worms?

TIA

Dan

Sponsored Links
Clean the scale off the bottom of glass door bowel with a pan scrubber. Press down on the top weight does the drum bounce up very easy if yes shocks need replacing easy to do tip upside down or on it's side and undo 2 13 nuts on the base and slide shocks out slide new ones in.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Will I order suspension leg along with suspension rod?

Thanks for earlier advice..

Dan

Sponsored Links
No you don't need the rods just the suspension struts,they are the big tubes that are full of grease.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back