Hotpoint WMA30 bearing and spin fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a wma30, that we have been advised (and is obvious) that it needs new bearings.

the person who is doing this is away this week, but he did say it would be fine to use until he got back.

yesterday it has begun to refuse to do a fast spin, it will do a slow, but this is rather rubbish at drying, it will also only do this if it is a 1/4 load.

is this possibly linked to the bearings, or a seperate issue, I dont really want to pay for bearings, then find the machine is beyond economical repair to correct the spin.

Im unsure exactly how old the machine is, but we were given it about 2 1/2 years ago, but I think it was quite new then, the person getting rid was just getting a washer/dryer instead

Sponsored Links
If the bearing is that bad it could be siezing up, which will put strain on the drive belt and motor.
Best thing is dont use it until the person fixing it comes back.

Tony

Ive already stopped using it, which is a PIA with 2 small kids, but I would rather it repaired than have to find money for a new washer.

I have been told the new bearing kit comes with a modified seal so it will last longer.

Thanks

Ive already stopped using it, which is a PIA with 2 small kids, but I would rather it repaired than have to find money for a new washer.

I have been told the new bearing kit comes with a modified seal so it will last longer.
it to costly to repair get a estimate first
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Mine lasted about 4 years, hotpoint replaced the rear half of the drum. That was free parts but labour £80. The replacement also lasted about 4 years, £164 is not good value for money, when new machines start around the £250 mark.(with 2 yr warranty)
You can get the bearings and seal for about £20.
The seal, if it fails allows water to affect the front bearing, but in my case the seal and front bearing are ok, it's the rear bearing that's gone.
:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back