Hotpoint WMA37s inlet solenoids opperate during spin cycles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, Both the hot and cold inlet solenoids operate randomly during all spin cycles on my washing machine. They are not letting much water by but as they are chattering it's causing the plumbing to hammer which is driving me potty! Also I have a duff segment on the motors com (tick tick tick) which is causing a lot of arcing during the spin cycles. Was wondering if anyone has experienced this causing "interference" with the programmer thus making it intermittently call for the solenoids. All suggestions welcomed.

Sponsored Links
Yes, brushes are a little on the short side so not as much pressure as i would like but the com has gone too. It has raised segments in two places about 30 degrees apart so new brushes are only going to last month at best! She definatly needs a new motor but before I spend the cash (£70) was wondering if anyone had had similar problems with the arcing causing solenoid faults. £70 for the motor I can live with but £70 for a motor + another £70 for the controlle is getting a bit steep

just had a look at some of your other posts, wouldn't have an account with electruepart or connect whatever they're called these days would you! don't like paying high street prices :eek:

Sponsored Links
Thanks again! Just bitten the bullit and bought a new motor and EMW look top notch. Watch this space. I may be breaking for spares in a week or so!
I'll post back here when I fit the new motor so all can see it this was the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back