How about trust a customer???????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys , if any of the tradesman that are on this site had any bad experiance with not being paid etc etc, or any keen DIY fanatics have done some work for friends and not been appreciated, please let me know of your experiances, and would you use a site that Rates the customer!!!! it is always the tradesman that gets the brunt of the bad press etc.

Is it fair???

I would love to hear your views.

Thanks in advance Comparethebuildingmaterials

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Personally I've found that doing sub work for small builders is the most iffy in terms of getting paid. The big guys do pay, although sometimes they take their sweet time, the little builders, the fat asses whi turn uop in a flashy 4 x 4 pickup with chrome bars on the back tend to be the worst payers!

Local Councils who use subbies are one of the worst lots for paying. When I worked for our local council I happened to be putting some shelves and whiteboards up in the accounts dept one Friday. (about a week before the end of the month) Around 11 o clock the head of the department told everyone that they had now reached the cut off point for that month and any invoices from sub contractors which hadn't been dealt with, would have to go on next months accounts (believe me there were quite a few) The excuses from the council to subbies was that they didn't hand their bills in early enough to get processed.
This used to happen every month.

I used to do some casual locksmithing a few years ago and the Hertfordshire Police were the worst payers i have ever come across, 120 days sometimes, and i had to chase them for that.

Sponsored Links
Back