How best to paint walls over fragile polycarbonate - House.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello painters,
I am looking for advice on how best to paint the white over the polycarbonate roof,
I would not be comfortable putting sheeting down on roof and trying to distribute my weight (14st of it), plus its sloped and that brings in more problems,
If I could get something that could span this width would be great- i don't know of anything - maybe you do?
No side entrance so limited with access. but to lef and right of the walls are flatroofs that I can use
i'd rather not have to remove the polycarbonate roof panels as 1) would rather do this on platform rig than a ladder and I get the feeling they will not go back in as easy as they come out.

paint-job.jpg

any ideas ?
thanks
Diytom

Sponsored Links
Does the room have wooden joists under the poly sheet? If so, brace them with 3x2 timbers like a pit prop and lay a board on top. Done it loads of times and I'm no lightweight.

no unfortunately no joists,
nice rig Chir5, i think I am swaying towards removing panels and renting a 20ft 8x2 scaffold from local hire, i can see why previous owners never bothered to paint it,
one question, what would you advise to prevent the paint peeling off in future, an add in sealant to paint or seal plaster first and then paint?

Sponsored Links
A couple of 21 ft steel I beams on loan from a local steel supplier and supporting flat panels might be a method provided that the flat areas can take the weight.

Guard rails would be a problem but scaffold poles might provide them as they would not be carrying any weight.

you might have to get a scaffolder in to have a look at this one, guard rails won't matter if it's just a DIY job

a lot will depend on the adjacent roofs carrying the weight

what's the longest youngerman board you can get from a hire shop?

You could paint most of that out of the windows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back