How can I get copies of architectural plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier versions could export (Sketchup7 I think was the last), they changed it when it grew in popularity and wanted users to switch to the Pro version (understandably)
If SU has a learning slope, AutoCAD must have a learning cliff...
Yes learning AutoCAD later in life is probably a little daunting, Revit is equally terrifying to learn even to long term CAD users, though I am now loving it, its the future.

AutoCAD is now known as AutoSAD in our office!

Sponsored Links
Watched a demo of Revit last night on youtube; very interesting product and must make drawing plans a lot easier. Particularly liked the notion that it knows what a "wall" is and you can specify the construction materials then drag it out - that'd make buildings regs plans a lot easier to draw

At nearly 9 thousand euros, I'll probably stick to sketchup for my plans ;) and if I'm recommending a one-off but for an architectural practice, it makes massive sense and has demystified the level of detail I saw on the professionally prepared plans I acquired with my latest building plot..

The free version only lasts for 8 hours, Do you guys know of a free version which lasts longer.

Sponsored Links
The free version only lasts for 8 hours, Do you guys know of a free version which lasts longer.

when you install Sketchup Make (the free version) it comes as Sketchup Pro for the first 8 hours use, then reverts to the free version. theres no way round this and I've mentioned to the developers that it's a really really stupid idea because a newbie isn't going to learn enough SU in their first 8 hours to appreciate the difference.. plus it causes a lot of confusion as evidenced by the number of posts about it on SU's forums.

Can't fix it if they wont, and they wont..

just use it; it'll run as pro for 8 hours then revert. as the only loss is certain features all your efforts and save files will continue to work, but you wont be able to use LayOut, or solid tools (for example)[/b]

when you install Sketchup Make (the free version) it comes as Sketchup Pro for the first 8 hours use, then reverts to the free version. theres no way round this
Disconnect from the internet and change the time on your PC?

A violation of the terms of licence, which would be theft; I'm surprised that someone who's ordinarily such a stickler for rules would climb down from his moral high horse to promote software piracy? ;)

I didn't promote software piracy.

Try reading it again.

when you install Sketchup Make (the free version) it comes as Sketchup Pro for the first 8 hours use, then reverts to the free version. theres no way round this
Disconnect from the internet and change the time on your PC?

If necessary, keep reading it again until it dawns on you that "Disconnect from the internet and change the time on your PC?" was wondering if there was a way around the 8-hour limit.

Is that "you" as in you addressing me, or as in "Why would one want to get around it?".

I don't want to get round it.

It was a question.

There's a big clue in the presence of '?' at the end rather than '.'.

Unlike you, it appears, I have intellectual curiosity and value knowledge for its own sake, rather than a mundane utilitarian attitude to life.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back