How can I make a 3d box transparent display frame?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to create a frame like this to present clothing for an exhibition.

I too wish to present an item of clothing with the frame outlined around it like so.

Is this a D.I.Y job or is it possible to have these made professionally?

My first question, please go easy or if someone could push me in the correct direction I would be incredibly grateful!

I look forward to receiving your help!

James Alex

Attachments

• zimmerman-trial-045-062513.jpg
    zimmerman-trial-045-062513.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 275
Sponsored Links
Where does the transparent bit come into it? Is it behind the clothing?

If I was doing it, I would probably experiment with polystyrene sheets (not sure where you would get it though). If you could perfect the cutting, it could be spray painted just how you want it.

Depends on your skill set, upvc soffit could be glued together fairly easily and is not too heavy. Variety of sections available to help assembly.
Model makers use polyboard.[lightweight foam cored board].
You are going to struggle if it needs to be transparent.

Exhibition stand or display makers would knock that up quite quickly - note if it is for an exhibition then venues often have flammability requirements

Sponsored Links
? Just looks like 2x sheets of glass/perspex held by wooden beads in a Styrofoam frame.

Easy enough if you have the tools, mainly a proper mitre saw.

? Just looks like 2x sheets of glass/perspex held by wooden beads in a Styrofoam frame.

Easy enough if you have the tools, mainly a proper mitre saw.
Can't see any clear sheet there, it's just a t shirt held open for court evidence.

It is an evidence box, their will be perspex/glass on both sides of the shirt to prevent contamination.

A better picture where you can see the reflection of plastic sheet (so cheaply made, but you get the idea).

As to the OP question.

I am guessing that anyone asking how to do this does not have a good professional powered mitre saw (talking £100s?). In which case it is cheaper and better to get someone to make it, unless you do fancy getting into DIY and making good regular use of it.

The companies that make perspex display cases will be able to knock something together.

I am guessing you can make it yourself for £50 ish pounds in materials and your own labour, which would be several hours if you include a good paint finish.

130625061805_Still0625_00008.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back