How can I stop copper pipe thieves?

I think I will see what sort of secure brackets I could get to fix it to the wall and paint it silver. theres a length that runs up the wall and it will have to be done with ladders but thats the most visible part.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Buy a cheap tub of grease from Wilkos and smear that all over it.

Or, paint it with silver/grey hammerite - it'll look like galv from the road.

don't like being negative but who stole it this time will be back again all you can do is replace with steel or relocate inside

the ******s got the lead off the shed room and nealy all my copper fittings inside

but as someone said box it in with hex screw

i would try to put it in trunking so it isnt visible and paint it to wall colour

So if they catch these pieces of ****e for stealing live copper tube, what Gas Reg will Gassafe be prosecuting them under then, because of course they "will" get involved "wont" they, or is this gas reg prosecution selective like everyfekinthing else in this country.........

Not worth prosecuting them, they are criminals and so have human rights, rights that the rest of us don't enjoy. :evil:

As previous posters have said wrap it in loads and loads of denso tape. its a pig to cut through with a hacksaw.Plus they will get less for it at the scrappies.Make or get a timber or metal cover and secure it to the wall. These scum only look for a quick steal.

Don't know about the justice system in England but up in Scotland they have a policy of non haressment against ****** ,Society has failed them and the doogooders ensure that they contribute hehaw to society financially.
If we ensured that they got more benifits ,delux campsites with free power ,all there dog turds disposed off ( ma M8 got a warning letter from the Local council as he had 6 dog turds in his garden , The guy is paranoid about keeping his place clean but on this occasion a family member had serious health issues and he was at hospital most of that week).Then they dont have to therefor steal so indirectly our fault.(human rights) What about our human rights ......rant over

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back