How could I repair this plaster damage?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title really guys, just wondering if theres an off the shelf product that would let me repair this damage?

Many thanks,

Devs.
IMG_6677.JPG

Sponsored Links
Yes there is, I would scrape any loose stuff off and mix up some easyfill 40 and apply with a broad bladed caulking knife. There will be some shrink back so you will need to sand down in between coats but once dry, apply a mist coat then top coat of your choice .
You could use any filler really but some fillers are harder to sand than others and easyfill is easy to sand to a good paintable finish.

Mike

After removing the loose bits, I would slap on a generous amount of "No Nonsense All Purpose Filler" from Screwfix and sand down with a power sander after 24 hours.

It might be a generic Screwfix filler but it's ready mixed and decent, and you'll get the job done for 3 quid.

Be very careful scraping off any loose bits, especially on ceiling plaster like yours, because it's so easy to make it spread. I normally get a stanley knife, and make a very light cut all around/just beyond the loose area, then gently take it off. Also, give the area a very light dampen first with a small brush.I would also put a small amount of pva over it too, just before I put on the plaster/filler.

Sponsored Links
Great advice guys, many thanks. I'll go with the easyfill 40 as I hate working with some of the hard fillers.

Cheers all, Devs.

Finding out the cause might help?

Why the various drilled holes?
Is that a plasterboard ceiling overboarding another p/b ceiling?
What is above - a loft or a room?

The damage was do prior to me owning the house. My guess would be when they were installing the spots they hit a beam or something. It's a double height + room that come off the main house, no loft above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back