How Do I Add A Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i want to add a radiator in my garage to my existing system, can i run from another radiator or should i tee in to the in feed and out flow 22mm and could you tell me where the flows are best located..cheers. :?:

Sponsored Links
Thanks a lot for a quick response Kevplumb :) If i come from above down to the rad should i take 22mm as close to the rad as poss or can i use 15mm straight to flow and return.. :confused:
kevplumb said:
tee into the flow and return ;)

Flow and returns usually located under upstairs floorboards.
Run your new feed from them to your new rad.
You can tee off another rad if it is fed from a single 15 mm feed branch off the F & R and your system is up to it. :D

Sponsored Links
thanks alot guys great help :LOL:
BAHCO said:
Flow and returns usually located under upstairs floorboards.
Run your new feed from them to your new rad.
You can tee off another rad if it is fed from a single 15 mm feed branch off the F & R and your system is up to it. :D

peewak said:
hi i want to add a radiator in my garage to my existing system,
I should think this would be the same building regulations as the conversatory where the radiator must be controllable.(?)

Well spotted by Masona.
You should fit isolating valves so that they can be turned off before they exit into very cold places.
Comes under energy conservation.
BCOs will cut your legs off if they inspect your job :D

BAHCO said:
Well spotted by Masona.
You should fit isolating valves so that they can be turned off before they exit into very cold places.
Comes under energy conservation.
BCOs will cut your legs off if they inspect your job :D
Even if the garage is being converted to a reception room whith a through room in to the lounge :?:

If you are involving BCOs with your conversion, ask them for advice on whether the isolators will be needed.
Probably not but worth asking anyway :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back