How do i attack my en-suite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hokey cokey.

Here's a not brilliant picture of one wall which will form my new en-suite bog.

ensuite1.jpg

The layout of the house jas been re-jigged and the picture shows two door ways that have been bricked up. Well, blocked.

There's gonna be a wetroom in here so that whole wall will be tiled, i was wondering how you guys would approach this. I think the obvious answer would be chip the remaining plaster off to reveal a flat wall, which i would happily do but unfortunately what would remain would be far from even. The wall is all over the place and in one corner runs out about 40mm over the last foot and a half making what should be a 90degree something quite laughable.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the input.

The wall is 8 feet high by 12 wide, will dot dab hold the weight of the board plus the tiles. Also, do you use tape or something along the plasterboard joins?

Sponsored Links
if you've ever tried to get dot and dab off, you wouldn't worry. nice big dabs and plenty of em....use a level and a straight edge when you tap the boards back.

Dont plaster the boards, tile straight onto them (after priming)

I'd echo the previous posters advice about aquapanel\backerboard in wet areas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back