How do I bond Tegola asphalt shingles to lead valley

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Creating a lead valley where one side will have fibre cement tiles other is tegola asphalt shingles.In existing valleys on roof where shingles join valley I don't know what sealant was used to keep the shingles down,but it works.What can I use that will adhere to lead ? all I seem to have found is one in Wickes which seems to be for flashing around chimneys etc.also one suggested was by gutter supplier is CT1 any suggestions would be helpful :(

Sponsored Links
As far as I can recall you shouldn't stick the shingles to the lead at all, the lead needs to be able to move independently of the roof covering or damage can occur over time with expansion and contraction.

Oh dear, can you suggest anyway to get a seal down the valley sides about 1.9 m lengths without too much disruption to the main roof.

All I can think of is forming the valley as shown in the manual so you have a shingle valley and bringing the fibre slate into that. Others may have another idea though.

Sponsored Links
So I would make a closed valley with shingle ,would it have to be lined with anything underneath would there be any advantages.(P.S. is the manual you mean the Shingle one )Forgive me I am learning on the job but am still keen on DIY

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back