HOW do i change this Tap Washer ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, 1st post, hope you can help.

All i want to do is change the washers on my Kitchen taps BUT i cannot work out how to get to them !
Attached is a couple of pics of the taps (bought from Mfi with my kitchen years ago).
I can unscrew the bullet knobs on the taps and under them are threads with Allen key inserts. I have tried undoing them but the knob will not unscrew ?
There are no little screws or such under or aroung the tap so HOW THE HELL do you get to the washers ??
Anyone have any ideas or has seen these taps before ?

Thanks for your time
Danny.

Sponsored Links
Magnet kitchens did that tap a while back.

I think its a discontinued Blanco model.

Those little handle/ spindles should unsrew I beleive. I think though , you'll find that they are quarter turn cartridges so there's no washer to change. Identifying the tap is half the battle mate. Once you can confirm who made it and what model then you can get some spares.

Its a Blanco Im sure

Sponsored Links
There is no washer in this tap if Im not mistaken but a ceramic disc. Try for a replacement cartridge online. Identifying the thing may well be the biggest problem. You can always buy a replacement tap as a last resort.

I don't even offer to repair taps.

Just new tap otherwise not interested.

Amount of time and effort messing about
on an old tap. You can have a brand new one installed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back