How do I fix a baxi 80e automatic bleed valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently traced a fault on my boiler to the automatic bleed valve on the pump not working, can anyone advise me howto go about removing and fixing it? is it even possible to fix them or do I have to replace it? Any advice at all will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Are ou sure the Auto-air vent is open....??? There will prob be a plastic screw on top of the valve which can be opened to bleed it....

I assume the fault is air in the pump???

Martin

yes its open, i even took the screw out completely but it won't bleed. there is corrosion built up around the hole and i assume there is more inside which is why I want to take it out and clean it up. I was able to bleed enough of the air out to get it working by briefly slacking off the allen key screw on the front of the valve until the air came out then tightening it back up but there is still air in there so I want to get it working properly so I can get rid of the rest.

unscrew the top and re-new. Piece of pis s.

Or bleed the air out through the pump.

Flooze.

Sponsored Links
It's most likely the float inside the valve is stuck....

Maybe worth a go to take it out and try cleaning, but in my view it's prob best to replace it... That's what I would do anyway....

To do so, simply drain the heating circuit.... The auto-air vent unscrews from the pump body.... assemble in reverse......

I'm not sure if the manufacturer provides this as an individual component or if you would need to get the full pump body... Not sure of the part number for the auto-air vent, but pump assy is E66 431 ....

Martin

so you think I need to replace it then, I can't just clean the thing up?

I'ts easy enough to take out and re-fit, so feel free to give it a blast.... let me know how you get on....

martin

Remove the air vent & try cleaning it, maybe leave it to soak in some descaler for an hour or so.

To remove the air vent,
Close the isolation valves of the flow & return of the heating circuit (where the pipes leave the boiler) then drain down the boiler from the drain point on it.
Then you can unscrew the air vent from the pump housing, have a cloth handy just in case there is some water still hanging around. Make sure to cover any electrical contacts & make double sure that no water can get to the circuit board.

If you haven't got the installation & servicing instructions for the boiler you can find them here:
http://www.partsarena.com/baxi/

(Baxi > Boiler-> combi > combi 80e > Bingo! )

The parts are available as individual items if you need them:

Air Vent - Automatic Part # 248043 (approx £7.30)
O-Ring - Air Vent Part # 248044 (approx £1.97)

Found here:
http://www.heatingspareparts.com/Default.aspx

Good luck.

Many thanks for all the advice, i've cleaned it up and the boiler is now running quieter than it ever has in the 3 years i've lived in this house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back