How do I get inside this tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know how to get the handle off this tap to get at the valve? It's dripping and needs rewashering etc inside.

There's no screw under the plastic plug as you might expect to see. All there is is what looks like a flat squarish metal plate. Have tried prising that up with a jewellers screwdriver but without success. There is no other obvious fixing point e.g. a grub screw on the side of the handle.

I'm a bit stumped!
Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you tried turning the squarish plate with a pair of small-nosed pliers?

Have you tried just pulling the handle upwards? (A little WD40 may help.)

I have tried just pulling the handle off. Will give it a squirt of WD40 and try again. Not tried turning the plate. Not sure it will turn as the four corners look as if they are turned downwards. Will give that a go though too.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I`m with D-H on this type of tap - put a piece of wood on the spout and lever round the underside of the top shroud with a screwdriver while turning the shroud :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back