How do I go about replacing the bell box with Accenta 8 Mini

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice on best way to go about this would be gladly appreciated as I would like to do this work myself being fairly competent with electrics and most other building jobs around the house. The reason for changing the box is that its been making strange noises for last few days, like a broken crackling speaker and then last night siren went off at 3 in the morning before stopping on its own after about 20 mins (control panel user code had no affect).
I am planning to get a new siren/strobe box from somewhere like screwfix and would like to get best advice as to simplest way to go about this job.
The engineers code has been changed from the default setting so would my code do the trick to work on box or would I have to fully reset.

Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
code makes no difference, it wont stop it when you change it, since the bell has iots own battery.
your code will be required to clear the tamper fault.

yes, can you fix crystal balls, mine is broken.

How i am supposed to know what you do or do not know with what information you have posted.

I tell you what will happen and what do you do?

You assume my crystall ball is working, and there for i know all that you do know. Well it isn't, and i don't

Sponsored Links
OK thanks for your help but please go somewhere else if you're bored on a Sunday afternoon,

Can we please get back to topic.

This one comes with an instruction manual which has a wiring diagram for Accenta: Classic Spirit , what terminals do you have in the panel?
Have uploaded the wiring example page here:
Clicky

Dunno why anyone offers advice to posters that are rude to regulars.

but spark123,

I pointed out what will happen only to have it thrown back in my face, thats not very nice is it?

Spark123, i suggest you ty reading it all again from the top.

Then the reason for the crystal ball post becomes aparent

Might be worth contacting this ebay seller to see if this is compatable: Clicky

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
i see spark 123 so you choose to take the side of the person who likes to be abusive do you?

see below

Spark123, i suggest you ty reading it all again from the top.

Then the reason for the crystal ball post becomes aparent

He has a problem with a bell box on an accenta 8 mini?? OK, the first response from the OP may be seen to be thankfull. If there isn't enough information, just ask for more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back