How do i hide a soil pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all! I am looking into having a kitchen extension straight across the back of my house. I would like it open plan with an island, the problem is i have a downpipe (upstairs bathroom soil pipe) which is boxed in next to the back door, which would be right in the middle of my much wanted open plan design. Any ideas how to either hide it or move it ?(without huge cost) Really could do with any input! Thanks

Sponsored Links
If i had to keep it i would box it in with white pvc panels screw some hooks in it and grow an Ivy up it or stencil it. :)

need to see a new and existing drawing comparison please.

or a site visit. :LOL:

'tis difficult to give an objective view without understanding the alternatives, which may be many and varied.

Sponsored Links
not that much help on the routing but add my experience which might be of help.

the bco are very interested in the soil pipe route - they will want falls and rodding access.

don't overlook it's importance (difficulty) in resolving its route - it's generally a big headache on extn work as it's often difficult to tie in to the existing drain (without a lot of work)

it's better outside if poss. if inside put plenty of insulation in the boxing to reduce the noise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back