1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

How do I increase the pressure bar on my greenstar 30CDI

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by MrWhiskers81, 8 Jan 2010.

1. MrWhiskers81

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It is almost at O (about 1mm off) and I know it should be at 1.5 I did bleed a rad this morning...I don't know how to refil - should boiler be switched off?
    Thanks for any help. Mrs W :confused:

2. tj351011

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hi
    best to repressurise when system cold
    slide white plastic cover plate off (underneath bottom of boiler)
    there should be a plastic T key clipped to it
    take key off, look under the boiler and to the right side theres a black plastic assembley with a white square screw, a hole ( where you put the barrel of the T key) and a black cap.
    look carefully at the key there should be an arrow head marked on the handle look at the hole where the key fits there are two symbols of pad locks on it, one is unlocked the other locked. line the arrow on the key up with the unlock symbol push the key in as far as possible and turn so the arrow head lines up with the locked symbol turn WHITE screw anti clockwise to fill boiler to 1.5 bar close white screw fully, take key out replace key and cover. simples ;)
    ps page 33 of installation and service booklet (should have been left with boiler)

3. Steady

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    1.5 bar is too high. 1 bar is the recommended system pressure when cold.

4. raymondpat

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for above. 1 small question. When I follow above instructions and turn white screw water begins to trickle out where white key is inserted. Is this meant to happen ? Was wary of continuing just in case it shouldn't. Thanks

5. Dan_Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You haven't inserted it correctly.