How do I install a toilet not above a soil waste?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, Am in the middle of buying a new house (1950s) and the bathroom (currently without a loo) is not over the downstairs loo. The house is a semi and therefore the pipe cannot go outside and down to the loo downstairs (at the front of the house). Any ideas? Thanks. :)

Sponsored Links
does the wall which your new upstairs loo would discharge out through have any soil pipe at ground level not necessarily in line?

What are the drainage arrangements for existing bath/basin etc in upstairs bathroom? If they go outside to a open gulley there is already a drain in the right position. May be possible to dig this out and replace with an external stack to serve new toilet as well as existing bath/basin.

Are you planning to fit a toilet in downstairs bathroom? If so why don't you go with a macerator upstairs?

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Thanks very much for all your comments and suggestions. I'll let you know how I get on :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back