How do I isolate boiler and full flow flush.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In another post I was told to isolate the boiler and do a full flow flush.

I have the pipes where a rad once hung, will these be OK for the flush if I swap the caps for valves?

Would this be OK to just screw hozelock fittings on and attach hosepipes then.

To isolate the boiler I presume I will need to put valves in the flow and return and a link between the f&r on the system side of these with a further valve and create circuits and isolate circuits with these. Do I isolate the pump as well (more difficult in my situation) or doesn't it matter which side of the pump I do this.

I'll use pushfit T's if the pro's think that OK with plastic barrier pipe for the link.

Sponsored Links
Hi
Sorry to bring this to the top again, just wondered if there is anyone in this morning who can help with this.

Reading others advice do I also need to join the feed and expansion pipes?

Is it OK to use pushfit flexi hoses for this, I don't know if the rubber inner in a stainless braid or white thread flexi is OK for CH or just for domestic hot and cold.

There is a full flow gate valve in the feed down from the f&e so I could undo this below valve and link to the expansion pipe which might be easier.

Do I leave this joined all the while or should I cap these while doing separate rads?

Have read various bits but a quick run through would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I realise the bit about dead legs from radiators was common sense, they could surely be used. I'll just fit full flow valves to them with hozelock connectors screwed on.

Any advice on capping or joining the f&e during flushing would be appreciated though.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
On my thread I've been advised not to use pushfit so, not being an expert, I'd say use compression for any joints you do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back