How do i lay a solid pine floor to a concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a room which is approx 20m2 which I have purchased a solid french pine flooring for, please can someone advise me the bast way to lay this? our floor is concrete and has the plastic membrane as it is only 10 years old. Any advice would be much appreciated. :D

Sponsored Links
Hi Alpha
T&G on the floorboards? Install a combi underlayment first (DPM + sound-insulation) then 'float' your boards on it, glueing the T&G's. Leave 10 - 13 mm expansion gap all around
I know you have DPM underneaht the concrete, this DPM is to protect the wood from any residue moist in the concrete, so use it.

Hope this helps

thanks for your advice! i have laminate flooring down at the moment which has some sort of underlay! will this be ok to re-use as a combi underlayment (DPM + sound-insulation) ? am i correct in thinking normal PVA glue is ok to glue the t&g???

If the underlayment is still sound enough and the DPM is not damaged, why not?
PVAc wood-glue is fine to glue the pine (T&G).

Sponsored Links
im going to take the vile laminate up tonight! so fingers crossed that the underlay is sound! thanks for your info, you have been a great help.....cheers :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back