how do i remove emulsion from plaster board (solved)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, i have volunteered to decorate my daughters bedroom, first job was to remove the wallpaper in preparation for putting Emulsion on the walls.

I have hit a snag though, on one wall, (which was the wall involved in making the room bigger several years ago), this new plaster on plasterboard wall had a coat of emulsion on it before it was wallpapered a few years ago, so on removing the wallpaper it has also removed some of the paint as well, in patches !!!, i know that if i dont remove ALL of this old paint it will look simply awfull if i paint over it again before removing ALL of this old paint !!!

So does anyone know of an easy method of removing this old paint, i have a very sharp scraper, which does work up to a point, but i feel there is an easier way.

tim

Sponsored Links
Assuming the board is skimmed and it wasn't painted directly on the board then sanding is probably the easiest way, You'll probably find alot of it will fall off as you are sanding (if you're lucky) scraping it is more likely to make a mess of the plaster.

Assuming the board is skimmed and it wasn't painted directly on the board then sanding is probably the easiest way, You'll probably find alot of it will fall off as you are sanding (if you're lucky) scraping it is more likely to make a mess of the plaster.

Thanks for that buddy, o yes, it is plastered plaster board, i have found a few more posts on a similar subject (LOL) sanding it will be then, thanks a lot "radsik".

tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back