How do I remove this bathroom radiator ?

Sponsored Links
The right hand return pipe has an isolator valve...turn the screwdriver slot 90 degrees so its across the line of the pipe.
The TRV on the other side - remove the top (turn the knurled chrome ring) and then fit a decorators cap that keeps the pip beneath fully depressed.
John :)

I don't think I have a decorators cap, if I turned down the TRV valve to off / frost icon, would this have the same effect ?

Nope Terry - the frost icon could let water through if the temp dropped enough or the TRV isn't totally accurate. You need to unscrew the head of the TRV, depress the pin in the centre fully to shut it off, crack the rad and drain then get a stop end on the TRV Valve.

I'd give Honeywell a shout and see if they can send you a Valencia TRV decorators cap.

Sponsored Links
All the advice you have received is correct, when the TRV was bought the valve would have had a plastic cap on it which would have been removed and the sensor head attached once the valve had been installed, that plastic cap ,( Usually white) is the decorators cap, if you are just removing the rad to decorate and it will be getting connected up the same day you will probably get away with just closing the TRV, but as already advised dont leave it like that unattended over night as if the temp drops enough the valve can open up

That ballofix on the right hand side will probably leak when you try and turn it off, they shouldn't be fitted on a central heating system. Drain, or release pressure and change for a proper lockshield valve.

Turn TRV to minimum. Turn ISO valve so slot is 90 degrees to valve. temporarily fit 1/2" caps with PTFE tape or paste.
The iso valve is no more likely to leak on CH than mains. In fact, less likely so. But it is not 'proper'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back